Early College Experience
Early College Experience (ECE) is a partnership between NWACC and Fayetteville High School. ECE provides an opportunity for students to simultaneously earn high school and college credit by enrolling in concurrent credit courses. Concurrent courses are a semester in length but yield 1.0 high school credit and between 3 to 4 college credits.
Students may not select concurrent credit courses during the CAP process. Interested students must complete the following steps:
1. Carefully read all of the FHS NWACC Concurrent Credit Handbook
2. Complete the 22-23 FHS Concurrent Credit Application by February 26th. Upon completion, students will receive a PDF version through email that must be signed and returned to Mrs. Norman in the Phase 3, 3rd floor admin office or through email at email@example.com.
3. Students must provide proof of their Score Requirements for Concurrent Courses by February 26th to the Phase 3, 3rd floor admin office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Once Mrs. Norman verifies requirements, she will email the student an NWACC ECE application link. The deadline for students submit the NWACC application is FEBRUARY 26th. It is CRITICAL you follow steps 1-3 first. As long as you are in high school, you won't do anything directly through NWACC or from their website.
5. NWACC will notify FHS of your ECE acceptance. Mrs. Norman will update student course requests in eSchool and notify students by email.
Questions? Contact Deanna Norman: email@example.com